Creamy, fragrant noodle soup topped with roast cauliflower and crispy chilli tofu is the ultimate comforting meal. It’s warming and flavoursome, perfect for a wholesome lunch or light dinner.
The creamy, fragrant broth with coconut and ginger is vibrant with turmeric and packed with flavour. Cooking the noodles in the broth makes them extra tasty having soaked up the different aromas. If you like your food spicy, you can add extra chilli to the fragrant coconut broth for a bit of a kick.
The best part about this soup is you can add in whatever veg you like – I’ve made it with everything from green beans and carrot ribbons to baby corn. I normally throw in pretty much whatever I have in the fridge!
Turmeric Coconut Noodle Soup with Crispy Chilli Tofu
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 6 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 cm ginger grated
- 50 g rice noodles
- Handful spinach*
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
Crispy Chilli Tofu
- 100 g firm tofu
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Pinch chilli powder more if you like it spicy!
- 50 g cauliflower
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Handful fresh coriander
- 1/4 red chilli sliced
- 1 spring onion sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Roughly chop the cauliflower and spread over a lined baking tray. Sprinkle over the turmeric and shake to roughly coat the florets.
- Roast for around 20 minutes until it starts to brown.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, cube the tofu. Add the sesame oil, garlic, chilli and paprika to a small bowl and coat the tofu cubes.
- Add the contents of the bowl into a wok or frying pan and fry on a high heat until crispy.
- Keep moving it about to stop it from sticking/burning. Remove from the heat.
- Add the coconut milk, stock, ginger, turmeric and noodles to the wok or a pot over a medium heat.
- Put the noodles into the coconut broth and keep simmering for 10-15 minutes until soft. Add the handful of spinach to the soup a few minutes before serving to soften.*
- Spoon the soup into a bowl and top with the cauliflower and crispy tofu. Garnish with coriander, chilli and spring onion (optional).