These cinnamon churros pancake skewers are great fun to make. There’s no deep frying involved — they’re made with mini vegan pancakes threaded onto skewers and coated with delicious cinnamon sugar. What’s not to like?! Perfect for a fun snack or dessert, they’re best served alongside melted dark chocolate for dipping.
Cinnamon Churros Pancake Skewers
For the pancakes
- 175 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 200 ml plant milk
- 50 ml plant milk
- 50 g sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
For the dip
- 75 g vegan dark chocolate melted
- Sieve the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Mix together. Add the wet ingredients and whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Heat a non-stick pan on a low-medium heat. Grease the pan with vegan butter or neutral oil. Add 1 tsp of batter to the pan for each small pancake, leaving enough space between them to turn them — try not to have more than 4 or 5 pancakes in the pan at a time. Once bubbles appear and burst, carefully flip the pancakes. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until golden, on the other side. Repeat until all the batter is used up.
- Spread the pancakes over a large plate and brush with a little plant milk. Thread 5-6 pancakes onto a small skewer. Repeat until all the pancakes are used up.
- In a shallow bowl, mix the sugar with the cinnamon. Roll each skewer in the cinnamon sugar and serve immediately. Dip into the dark chocolate and enjoy!